Paddle Weight: 7.6-8.3 ounces
Handle Length: 5.625 inches
Paddle Core: X5 Core
Paddle Surface: QuadCarbon Face
Paddle Length: 16 1/2 inches
Paddle Width: 7.375 inches
Grip Size: 4 1/4 inches
Grip: Selkirk ComfortGrip
The VANGUARD Maxima paddle is Selkirk's Paddle that is built for power players. With a long handle and aerodynamic shape, the Maxima slices through the air with extra power and spin.
Coach Morgan Evans helped design the new Vanguard Maxima Paddle. He kept the aerodynamic shape of the AMPED Maxima paddle and increased the sweetspot. Over a year of testing was done with different shapes and face technologies before the final design resulting in a paddle with great maneuverability for quick directional changes of the pickleball.
The VANGUARD is the latest Selkirk Pickleball paddle. After over two years in research and development, Selkirk engineers developed a proprietary QuadCarbon technology with two layers of carbon fiber on each side, instead of just one. This unique approach delivers a performance paddle like no other that gives you ultimate consistency, accelerated ball velocity, an extra large sweet spot, maximum spin, and perfect feel. Simply put, the VANGUARD delivers the speed and consistency you need to take your Pickleball game to another level. Determined to deliver the unwavering speed and consistency you need to take your Pickleball game to another level, Selkirk dared to envision the future of pickleball paddles.
- Midweight - 7.8 to 8.3 ounces
- Lightweight - 7.6 to 7.9 ounces
The Selkirk Vanguard Pickleball Paddle line comes in 2 styles: HYBRID and POWER (coming early 2021)
HYBRID - Accelerated speed and unparalleled consistency or another level of performance. Recommended for most Pickleball players, from beginner to pro. Available in midweight and lightweight designs.
POWER (coming early 2021) - Ultimate speed, maximum impact, and improved consistency for peak performance. Recommended for 4.5+ Pickleball tournament players with an aggressive play style. Midweight design.
If you used the Selkirk AMPED paddles you will love the new Vanguard paddles. You should see an immediate improvement in speed and consistency with very little adjustment time. Like all new paddles the Vanguard will take about 7 to 8 games to get broken in, the Vanguard does have a diferent fell and play compared to other paddles due to the new advanced QuadCarbon Face Technology so it may take a little time to get use to it. The Vanguard HYBRID does use the same X5 Honeycomb Thick Poly Core as the AMPED paddles while the Vanguard POWER uses Selkirks new X6 Honeycomb Streamlined Poly Core, making it Selkirks thinnest paddle yet
When it comes to spin the Vanguard has you covered. It generates spin through a longer dwell time on the face. This longer dwell time allows your swing to control the ball more and also imparts more spin on the ball. Because the paddle is not at the maximum USAPA roughness limit, your paddle won’t react to your opponent’s spin as dramatically, so you will not be forced to overcompensate for your opponent’s spin. With the VANGUARD, you can diffuse your opponent’s spin and impart your own spin on the ball.
For the VANGUARD to achieve another level of performance,Selkirk hand-selected a natural carbon fiber weave. With this high-performance QuadCarbon technology, you may notice a few minor markings in the graphics on the face, just as fingerprints have unique markings. These minor markings do not affect performance in any way. We did test other carbon fiber weaves that don’t have these minor face markings, but their level of performance proved inferior to our QuadCarbon technology. Since we know that top performance matters most to our community, we chose to use the technology with the highest level of performance.
The VANGUARD comes with the Selkirk limited lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects.
- SPEED - fast ball acceleration off the paddle
- CONSISTENCY - extra large sweet spot and repeatable spin rates
- ENHANCED 3RD SHOT DROPS
- FINE-TUNE DRIVES
- IMPROVED DINKING
- ELEVATED SKILL SET
- QuadCarbon Face - Designed to acheive a larger sweetspot an dlonger resonance time. Proprietary bi-directional, cross-weave carbon fiber technology in two seamless layers, on both sides of the paddle. The double layer provides twice the stiffness in all directions, flattening the ball more on each hit, to give you consistency, maximum spin and the perfect feel
- X5 Honeycomb Thick Poly Core - Built for consistent speed using advanced polypropylene honeycomb technology. Works in conjunction with the revolutionary QuadCarbon Face to absorb the vibration from the ball impact to yeild unwavering speed. The thicker core of the Vanguard HYBRID transfers more energy into the core giving you a larger sweet spot and a softer feel
- Larger Sweet Spot - Handcrafted to acheive an unrivaled, well-balanced, and solid paddle. The durable edge guard is low profile and lightweight
- Vanguard Geo Grip - Created exclusively for the Vanguard paddles. Supreme comfort, enhanced wicking and improved traction.
Upgrade Your Pickleball Paddle Grip to a Python Rubber Grip for unbelievable comfort and control. They don't just look great on your paddle they will also last for the life of your paddle. Python rubber grips work best with a leather pickleball glove.