Paddle Weight: 370 g / 13.05 (grams/ounces)
Surface Area: 86 square inches
Paddle Core: SMART
Paddle Surface: Killer Grit
Paddle Length: 18 inches
Beam: 18.5 mm
Grip Size: 4 1/4 inches
Grip: Cushion Aire Perforated
Wilson Power Rating: 8
Wilson Control Rating: 8
The Wilson Blade Smart GRUUV v2 is a smart choice for players who crave that perfect blend of power and control from their paddle. Uniquely engineered with two distinct EVA foam densities to respond to the speed at which you swing, this paddle makes both touch shots and powerful shots effective options in the arsenal. A new geometry enhances the sweet spot thanks to a slightly larger head size, while innovative its FORTYFIVE° construction lends an enhanced feel for the ball for more consistent results.
- New for 2022-2023 - FORTYFIVE° increases flexibility and stability to produce a more connected-to-the-ball feel and added consistency
- GRUUV optimizes spin and feel through angled holes that maximize ball contact on the paddle surface and allow edges to grab the ball more effectively
- Smart Density Foam Smart Density Foam packs two distinct EVA foam densities within one paddle. With a layer of high density foam in the middle and two layers of lower density foam on top and bottom, the paddle responds to the speed of the ball upon contact with the paddle face. This gives players the ability to either generate more power with extra firmness or add touch with a cushioned feel when needed.
- No Grit Zone establishes unparalleled comfort by removing the rough grit texture from the bottom of the paddle
- Killer Grit Technology triples the amount of grit on the paddle surface for extra control and feel for the ball
- LH Technology delivers enhanced spin through an advanced hole-drilling process that maximizes hole sizing
- Bottle Opener at the base of the handle for those who want to drink responsibly
New for 2022-2023 - FortyFive Degree
Patent-protected layup produces more connected-to-the-ball feel while better complementing a more vertical swing path. Material increases both flexibility and stability without compromise through the swing.
Wilson has 3 different models in their series:
- Lite Density Foam: The Lite Density foam offers the most responsive paddle shots with less weight. Better hits with less arm fatigue.
- Pro Density: Introducing the highest density foam in the game today. Solid hit with maximum control.
- Smart Density: Your swing and impact can generate more power as Smart Density responds. The Smart Density core allows for more cushioned feel when needed.
GRUUV technology helps improve spin by the sharp GRUUV holes and helps improve feel because the ball hits more surface area.
Looking for more spin? Wilson has maximized the hole size with a advanced hole drilling process which provides increased bite on all shots.
Wilson tripled the amount of grit on the paddle surface of all of our paddles for increased control and feel of the ball.
No Grit Zone
Unparalleled comfort meets unmatched technology. Wilson Killer Grit Technology is a rough texture that's added to the paddle surface for extra bite. With the No Grit Zone, this rough texture is removed from the bottom of the paddle leaving a smooth surface that keeps players from experiencing discomfort in their fingers.