View our FULL Platform Tennis Paddle Comparison Chart
Paddle Weight: 355 g / 12.52 (grams/ounces)
Surface Area: 86 square inches
Paddle Core: LITE
Paddle Surface: Killer Grit
Paddle Length: 18 inches
Beam: 18.5 mm
Grip Size: 4 1/4 inches
Grip: Cushion Aire Perforated
Wilson Power Rating: 9
Wilson Control Rating: 7
The lightest option in the Blade v2 lineup, the Blade UL GRUUV v2 features a tantalizing blend of innovative construction and comfortable playability for its users. All-new FORTYFIVE° technology increases both flexibility and stability for difference-making feel, pairing effectively with the angled holes provided by GRUUV for enhanced consistency upon contact. Conducive to easy, smooth swings thanks to its lightweight composition, this paddle also showcases a bottle opener at the base of the handle to enjoy a beverage after playing.
- GRUUV optimizes spin and feel through angled holes that maximize ball contact on the paddle surface and allow edges to grab the ball more effectively
- FORTYFIVE° increases flexibility and stability to produce a more connected-to-the-ball feel and added consistency
- Lite Density Foam maximizes responsiveness in a lightweight composition to produce stronger results without suffering arm fatigue
- No Grit Zone establishes unparalleled comfort by removing the rough grit texture from the bottom of the paddle
- Killer Grit Technology triples the amount of grit on the paddle surface for extra control and feel for the ball
- LH Technology delivers enhanced spin through an advanced hole-drilling process that maximizes hole sizing
- Bottle Opener at the base of the handle for those who want to drink responsibly
New for 2022-2023 - FortyFive Degree
Patent-protected layup produces more connected-to-the-ball feel while better complementing a more vertical swing path. Material increases both flexibility and stability without compromise through the swing.
Wilson has 3 different models in their series:
- Lite Density Foam: The Lite Density foam offers the most responsive paddle shots with less weight. Better hits with less arm fatigue.
- Pro Density: Introducing the highest density foam in the game today. Solid hit with maximum control.
- Smart Density: Your swing and impact can generate more power as Smart Density responds. The Smart Density core allows for more cushioned feel when needed.
GRUUV technology helps improve spin by the sharp GRUUV holes and helps improve feel because the ball hits more surface area.
Looking for more spin? Wilson has maximized the hole size with a advanced hole drilling process which provides increased bite on all shots.
Wilson tripled the amount of grit on the paddle surface of all of our paddles for increased control and feel of the ball.
No Grit Zone
Unparalleled comfort meets unmatched technology. Wilson Killer Grit Technology is a rough texture that's added to the paddle surface for extra bite. With the No Grit Zone, this rough texture is removed from the bottom of the paddle leaving a smooth surface that keeps players from experiencing discomfort in their fingers.